Here’s a recipe from Jodi Chessor Morgan of Grinder’s Switch Winery.
Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, hulled
- 10 ounces fresh lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Quarter the strawberries and toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Set aside. In a large bowl, gently toss the lettuce mix with 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Top with strawberries, walnuts, and goat cheese and serve immediately.
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
- 4 T Apres Vin Chardonnay Grape Seed Oil (available at the Winery )
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shake until well combined. Store in fridge until ready to use.
TIP: As important as it is to wash your lettuce it is equally important to dry it. Wet lettuce will not hold dressing very well and your salad will come out watery. Be sure to use a salad spinner or roll your lettuce leaves in a tea towel to absorb any moisture.