Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who came out last Saturday for the Arts & Ag Harvest Market! It was a chilly day but thankfully Mother Nature kept the rain and wind at bay. It was a tremendous success and it could not have been achieved without the help and support of so many people:
• Thank you to Grinder’s Switch Winery for being such wonderful hosts to our first Harvest Market. The Winery’s landscape created a scenic backdrop for the event, people loved the hayrides through the vineyard, and Jodie and Blaine kept everyone well fed with their delicious and warm fixin’s!
• Thank you to all our VENDORS for taking a chance on our first Market and making us look so good! You are the talent that made this possible and we are so proud to showcase your hard work to the County, to surrounding counties, and the world! Your work looked great on display and we appreciate you all being such troopers and hanging out in the chilly weather and on your feet for at least 8-10 hours all while wearing smiles! Thank you for your participation, your cooperation, and for making everything go so smoothly and for helping to spread the word on Facebook and beyond.
• Thank you to our LIVE ENTERTAINMENT including Mary Beth Pruett with scary ghost stories, and Gloria McCord, Mark Meadors & Brown’s Giftshop Revival, and the Skillet Lickers ALL sounded terrific and we really wish they all could have played longer!
• A great big thank you to Steve Gregory for supplying us with music in between sets and announcements throughout the day – you did a terrific and professional job. We appreciate you helping us out on your jam-packed busy day!
• Thank you to Vicki Moore, Christy Porch, Royce Luplow, Mark Lewis, Centerville Donuts, (and the Arts & Ag organizers helped out, too!) who contributed their time, ingredients and baking talents to our Harvest Market Bakery. And, thank you Norbert Comtois for the use of your restaurant style coffee maker – goodness knows what we would have done without it as it was brewing pot after pot all day! Thank you, Jessica Harper for watching the Bakery when we needed a break to cover other areas of the Market. Bakery sales were great and all the proceeds go towards organizing and promoting the 2013 Arts & Ag Tour – thank you for helping us get this head start!
• Thank you to Brad Martin and the Hickman County Times for coverage on the Harvest Market, as well as Validity Magazine, Busy Bee, Tennessee Magazine, KIX96 and ALL of our Facebook friends for helping to spread the word.
• Thank you to Nancy and Darrell Adcock for parking your gorgeous, cherry red, ’57 Chevy pickup at the entrance of the Market for the day and creating such a festive and welcoming display for the event. Thank you Tom “the Furniture Guy” Podar for creating the beautiful, barn wood Harvest Market sign. And, thank you Jeff Chandler for delivering the corn stalks that decorated the grounds. It all looked fantastic and has made for some great pictures!
• And, THANK YOU TO THE MORE THAN 500 VISITORS from Hickman County and beyond who came out to visit the Arts & Ag Harvest Market! There were cars lining both sides and the middle of the Winery’s driveway and more spilling into Gail Lane. It certainly would not have been a success without you all getting bundled up to come out and see what we had going on and supporting our local farmers and artists. We appreciate your interest and support. This was some local shopping at its best!
You can see pictures and a slideshow of the event on our Arts & Ag facebook page. To stay posted on other Arts & Ag events subscribe to the blog at artsandagtour.wordpress.com Mark your calendars for May 24th and 25th for the Arts & Ag Tour 2013. If you are interested in being a stop on the map or if you’d like to volunteer to help, please contact us soon at email@example.com or 931.729.0690.
Words cannot express enough how thankful we are for all your support. Again, thank you so very much!
Arts & Ag: Vanessa Davis, Nicole Lewis, Antonia Meadors